Monday, May 26, 2014

MAC Alluring Aquatics ๐Ÿ’‹

       This past Friday (the 23rd) the new MAC limited edition summer collection hit stores. You may remember last years collection called 'tempature rising', this year they literally cooled things Down with the 'Alluring aquatics' collection. From this moment I heard of this I was alluded by the aquatic themed line. For me every thing about the name and packaging called to me. I love water. I like the sound of rain and being in the rain, I enjoy fountains and rivers and practically all I drink is water, I've always been like this so just the word aquatics and I was sold. 
The packaging is a beautiful reflective oeacan blue with black lining on te inside, the one thing I was suprised about is the the little rain droplets, when I saw the official photos from mac I figured that they put mist on the packaging to go with the theme but what I found out from going to the store was that the packages actually had little water looking drops of clear plastic so the packaging looks like it has dew on it. I'm a sucker for packaging and this was just breathtaking. Packaging A+ but the question is did the actuall make up live up? 

Elephant out of the room, I only bought 1 item from the line. Now this isn't because I was um prepared, I went in ready, To completely break the bank but probably lucky for my wallet that didnt happen 

The line looked like it had a bit more then normal MAC lines so there's a lot to cover. I did go in to the store and really play around for a bit with the products, I arrived about 30 minutes after opening they weren't low exactly yet but they had been doing well. 
First thing that caught my eye was the Niall laquers.. I wasn't in the market for one generally I find mac nail polished to not be too great. But the colors were beautiful 
 They had one olive great toupe colour which isn't my cup of tea but pretty, 
The other two I loved but even if they were a polish I liked I wouldn't have gotten because they were all metallic and I'm not a fan of Natalie polish on me. One was just a brown cool times toupe which looked like if you bottled up there eye shadow 'satin toupe' the other was a classic blue purple oil spill effect.

Next there was eye shadow and after doing some looking around online I'm pretty sure the eye shadows were named different things in different places.. Like they used the same set of names but gave them to different shades so as in example in the US they named the blue 'ocean' and the green 'seaweed' but in the UK the blue was named 'seaweed and the green was named 'ocean' 

So basically the shade I picked up was for me called 'Fathoms deep' and it's a dark purple shimmer with just the occasional silver super fine sparkle. I love purple on my eyes, I have brown eyes so it compliments them and I just love the colour.  They had a few other colors,  the two others that caught my attention were the (for me) 'soul serenade' and 'lorelei' soul serenade I expected to be kinda ouf a darker versions of satin toupe but to my surprise it was a super dark brown/black with gold undertones and shimmer. It was really Gorgeous and it's kind of one of ghiuse thing that a few days later I wish I would have got but convinced my self in the store I had enough eye shadow. The second lorelei was a pink Champagne colour and I was going to get this one. Me and tow other girls wanted it and they had 4 left so the first girl asks the clerk how many they have left and he says 4 which is great enough for each of us and knowing two other people wanted it she said 'great I'll take them all' any way still a bit upset about that one because I don't have a colour close but that's ok.. All the eye shadows are IncrediblyPigmented really just amazing color pay off. 

Lipsticks were ok they had mostly more nude tones some slightly darker in a mixture of finishes but personally I didn't find any thing too special about them. 

The bronzes were way too orange.
The blushes were both too.
I was actually planning on getting one called 'sea me hear me' and it had no pigmentation, to get any color you'd have to really layer it on which you don't want in the summer. And the other was way to peachy for my skin tone but was great quality. 

Both eye liners were amazing butter like just so creamy but one was green and that's not a good color on me and the other was a dark teal almost black blue but I just  wasn't feeling the color. But it was deffunially nice. 

Liplineers like the lipstick nothing special and  the lip gloss was super amazing but none of the colours were for me plus I'm not one that likes lip gloss Im more into lipstick it lip butter type things. 
There was one that I loved the color but again it was a gloss and it was a deep violet which was way too fall. 

Over all i loved the eye shadows. 
The one blush was good and so was the eyeliners just not my colour. The other blush and bronzes where a no.
The nail polish I was just not willing  to risk and I'm not a metallic girl and the other lip protucs just weren't too impressive colours. I felt like I could similar  things if I ever wanted then. Over all on Quality I give B+ colours I give C for me but for others A 

And lastly I picked up a super pretty satin (almost matte) barbie bright pink with blue under tones and I'm loving it for the summer and this is just part of their regular line And it's called 'petal pony' 
 









Wearing 'fathoms deep' & 'pony petal'




 
Swatches of 'fathoms deep' & 'pony petal' 


Red: modern lure aka the one that was too fall 

Purple: peachstock from the line 
Orange: black swan the eyeliner I liked most 
Blue:Seduced at sea: the good blush that was too peachy for me
Green: Saul Serenade the eye shadow that I regret not buying :(  

FOLLOW ME?: 
TWITTER - SPLASHOFCAYENNE 
INSTAGRAM- SPLASHOFCAYENNE 
PINTEREST - SPLASHOFCAYENNE 
POLYVORE - SPLASHOFCAYENNE 

No comments:

Post a Comment