Friday, April 4, 2014

Sephora, Mac, Chanel & Marc Jacobs Haul! <3


I have been Sooo busy lately but it's been fun. A few weeks ago I got to go to one of my favourite artist ZZ Wards consent and before that it was my brothers birthday.. And then the whole month of april has been crazy.. Any way i know im probably off on my days but i wanted to talk about make uo today make up today so that's what I'm doing :) this is a collective haul/ review if my last 3ish shopping trips. I've had a chance to try out all of these products so I can tell you a bit about them. 

Back story on the first one.. I have oily eye lids and I mean REALLY oily eye lids like I could solve the oil problems in the world with my eye lids and my make up would still just slip and slide every where, this has been a problem for me for well.. Ever. It's sad because I love eye make up but it's literally so bad that I have had problems with eyelash glue staying in place. Its weird because I don't have oily skin at all. So I've gotten creative had to really find the right products and make sure to touch up as often as possible. But saying  this I've obviously tried every thing on the market. Except urban decay primer potion. When ever a product is super hipped up its a battle in my head part of me wants to get it that second and the other wants to be hipster and not get it so I usually just wait until the hipe slows down before I make a  Decision. I really just thought, I don't need to spend the money it's expensive it won't work and I'm just going to have oily eyes until I die but I finally got it and.. I like it. For some one who doesn't have as oily eye lids  as me this probably will be the best thing in the word for me it works about 6 hours but that's the longest any thing has ever worked so I am happy and would defiantly as if now repurchase. 

Next is kinda simple it's a clean girls soap and glory body wash. I've always went with the bath and body works one be use it seemly good but I get overthe scents quickly & they leave the skin feeling slightly tight so I thought it was time for a healthy change. I like the smell if this simple clean kinda like soap and baby powder slightly fruity. Nothing strong or lingering just clean and pleasant it comes in a big pump bottle & is about 16$. I really love it it just make me feel clean and Moisturised.

Next is a long term favourite it's the first body scrub I tried and the only one I go back to. It's the tree hut Shea sugar body scrub my favourite sent is coconut lime. I've always liked that scent in any thing it makes you feel like your on a tropical island and it's perfect. Scrubs well and makes your skin Sooo smooth. 

Another thing I picked up as a tracks size of the body works body butter in the grape fruit scent. Of course you heat every one raving about these but personally I didn't like  the scents they had. But I found this one and I really like it. It's so Moisturising it's every thing you hear people say. The only thing is the scent is strong and lingers to the point I put it on just my arms and my brother walks in to the rooms and asks what smells good so make sure you like the scent you buy.

Another first dry shampoo I have tested a few but they haven't been really good brands so I finally got a small one of a decent brand. This one I don't think is too good but it helps. Doesn't really get rid or oiliness but adds volume and texture.  

I fianally got it! The Marc Jacobs palette in the Lolita. It's beautiful. It's one thats been slightly hiped and I think it's worth so much more its just beautiful all the colours or so silky and give great pigmentation while not being over powering or scary to use. The Packaging is sleek and compact and feels so Luxurious plus a great  mirror.  It looks a little yellow toned over all but it's not as bad as you think when you start using them. It's gut just the right mattes a light cream colour that you can use to highlight, Brighton or use all over the eye to make it even, it's got that great midtone brown tarnish colour you can throw in the crease or use over the lid. It's got a super dark brow you can use to make every thing smokey or line the eye. I even use it on my brows because it matches my super dark brown hair perfectly. In the middle is like a pure gold shimmer with a lot of sparkle which kinda adds to the rich Luxurious feel of the whole pallet the only thing is the sparkles fall out a bit so be carful. Next to that is a light Champagne tone with a super blue pinky tone it's like no other colour I've ever seen. Almost has that Holographic effect super silky and smooth. After that is a gold bronzey mid toned. It's shimmery but not to intense so pretty. Last is probably my most used its a bronze coppery with lots of silky shimmer  I can't even but this love for this eye shadow in words. It is Expensive at 60$ but I like to think if it as if you got a 7 eyes ago does from Mac just the tin that holds then no packaging it pallet at all it would be 70$ so for nice shadows like this a fair price.

I know a lot of people are really in to Mac lipstick and eye shadows but by far myfavourite   product from them that I have tried so far is blush. This one is my favourite  is this one that I picked up called breath of plum. It's a really roesy toned pink with some purple undertones. It's matte but it goes on silky and smooth. For me it really creates that natural flushed look. I can wear this so light that it just makes me look not dead but then I can easily build this up to do a sting blush colour and really highlight my cheek bones.
I finally picked up Chanel vitalimière aqua, I'm usually one that likes a matte finish on my fondation, a comfort zone thing I guess. But I really liked the idea of something more naturally. Not exactly dewy as in a little sparkly but dewy like when you here hear people say 'she was just glowing' when talking about some one pregnate usually or some one who's been working. It was kinda a big jump to get one of the most expensive foundations in the style but I liked what I had seen in other people and I just wanted to get the best because I knew if I got a bad one it might scare me away from them in the future. And it's exactly what I wanted and I'm really liking it.

Next is this l'oréal mascara, this is one if my favourite mascaras of all time. And I know.. But I can never remember the name. That's the downside to this mascara the name is know where on the bottle! In 2012 I think there was like month when it started to get some hipe but then it went away. I think it deserves more. It's a really good mascara and it should be on the shelf of any drugstore. 

I but that there to fill a spaces 

I got this revlon lipgloss in pink ice I think it's called. For any basic lipgloss and lipstick revlon is just good. It stays on well looks good the color is great for throwing on any thing and I like it a lot. 

I have always been a little scared of wet and wild but I finally picked up a lipstick and I like it. I'm not the biggest fan of how it feels on the lips but the colour is good and it says on well so if your in a pinch it's a really good option.


I stopped in to ulta and I grabbed the Clinique bottem lash mascara. I've never been a big mascara person in generally some times I jut want to leave it off which I know some people would never do but saying that I love big false lashes. Any way because I'm not a huge massara person I never put it on my bottem lashes but I wanted to give it a try, this mascara it's only 10$. I have to say it hasn't changed my opinion or any thing. I think it makes them look a lot better and if you do like doing bottem lashes then it will probably be amazing, but I think this one will be passed on to my mom.   

I got two eyeshadows from mac, I only have two others I like them but they're a little pricey and I usually prefer pallets but I do like these a lot, I didn't really lay attention to the ones I got. I just got ones that I though were really pretty. I didn't notice that I had gotten satin toupe which is a cult classic and there's a reason why it's just so beautiful. I really like that it's cool toned as I a lot of neutrals are warm toned. It's not sparkly but really beautifully shimmery. I also picked up one that is perfect for me. It's called blackberry and it's matte. It's just a purply colour  but it's not like 'wow that is purple l' it's just really beautiful. I love purply colours especially with me having dark brown eyes and hair. 

I got two brushes from Icing. I got a contour powder brush and a kabuki brush. These icing brand brushes are amazing. There kinda undiscovered but they're only 7-10$ and they just work so well.  

I got rimmle wake me up instant radiance shimmer touch in 001 flush of pearl, this Is different from there new line of liquid blushes it's more of a highlight thing. This one is a very skin toned one theft have some that are more pinky. I really like it I think it's a dupe for nars cupacabena liquid highlighter. 

Lash but not least I got Victoria becham that extra half an inch. I love Victoria becham shes a fashion and beauty idol and I love this good so far. I'd defiantly  suggest looking at it 


Ok that's it, thank you so much for reading ill have anoth blog out soon I promise!  Have a good day 
~splashofcayenne 


Follow me!?
 IG: splashofcayenne 
Twitter:splashofcayenne 



No comments:

Post a Comment