Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring Nails


(Early post :))

Hello, so today I thought  i'd talk about nail polishes for spring. Spring for me is a trickier season to dress for; I tend to go for darker colors in general which  makes you look a little odd if you walk down a path with bright blooming flowers and you have on a black sweater and burgundy scarf. Last spring the trend was brighter almost neon colors and that just was not something I was too crazy about on me. on other people I thought it looked nice and they could pull it off. This spring the trend is more pastels which I like better and feel a little more comfortable with. I still don't wear the colors too much  but instead accessorize with those colors to give it the spring vibe. A lot of the time I go for something black and white and then a pastel color for nail polish, scarf’s, necklaces ect.
Nails are so important to me and I really think that they add a lot to what ever you're wearing. During the beginning of spring i went out and looked for some nail polish and saw that L'Oreal  had a spring line and I really liked the colors that they had so I picked a few up and i loved them! They're perfect for spring and the quality is great.

The colors in this line are perfect spring pastels. One thing I noticed that stood out was that most pastels that you pick up at drug stores or for a reasonable price usually take way to many coats to be solid or the color you see in the bottle, but these only take 2-3 coats. The polishes also for me when using a clear coat on top barley chipped at all. one of the colors I used I wore for a week with no chipping. L'Oreal really got this one right the colors are picture perfect for spring and the quality of the polish is surprising how good it is.

The first color is The palace life (115) and is just your general baby pastel pink. This is the only color is the line that I have not tried personally but is a great color and based on the other colors it should work great.

The second one is called Macaroon me madly(116) and is a pink peachy pastel almost with a tiny bit of a orangey feel, but if your going for Orange and not peach its probably not for you. I really love this color  it wasn't a color I was looking for but I’m so happy I got it.

This next one is crème puffs(117) its a really light pale yellow color. it has a soft shimmer pearl effect but so soft is barely notifiable. Love this one so much.

One of my favorites is Pistachio dream.(118) This color is a super light mint green color and is beautiful. it also has a soft soft peal effect.

Fifth is Lacey lilac.(119) which is a light pastel purple with a hint of pink.

Last but defiantly not least is Royally yours(120) and it's a baby blue color that I love more then life. I'd seen a picture and a girl was wearing a color like it and i wanted it so bad and this is basically the same color and it's perfection.


Two other colors I used and thought worked well with spring were

How romantic (240) by L'Oreal. which is a supper light almost white creamy pink color.

And Royally reinvented (107) by L'Oreal and it was part of last years spring line. It's a dark/light purple and it has a pastel feel to it and I think it works nicely this spring.
   


L'Oreal spring line 2013


204

107


Thanks for reading,  I'll be posting new blogs every Thursday and Saturday.
Leave requests and suggestions in the comments. 

Follow me on
Twitter @SplashOfCayenne
Instagram: @SplashOfCayenne

Lots of love
-SplashOfCayenne





disclaimer: not sponsored





No comments:

Post a Comment