Friday, May 24, 2013

Sephora, Estée Lauder, and ulta beauty haul and review.

So about two days before Mother's Day I decided that there were a couple things that I'd been wanting to try out and that it was time to go pick them up. With it being Mother's Day soon and my best friends birthday right before that I had quite a lot of shopping to do which I was perfectly fine with because there is nothing more I'd rather do then shopping. I had a pretty long list but I had some bad luck finding every thing I was looking for. I went to sephora looking for a eye shadow they had online and they didn't have that and then I saw a baked shadow pallet that I fell in love with and then I found out they were out of that also but I did end up getting the same pallet with different colors that I will talk about later, I was going to get some Clinique concealer too but sephora nor any of the Clinique counters at the mall had my color and as frustrating that stuff is I still had a very good shopping trip. 

The first stop was sephora and the pallet that I ended up getting the Moonshadow baked pallet. This pallet has ten colors in it and when I first saw it looked
a little daring but I think that's because it has a bright navy blue type color that makes it look a little less wearable then it is. But if you cover that one up then it really has some nice Neutral wearable colors. But the blue is actually really nice to have.  The colors going top row left to right then bottom row left to right are.
 
Lavender, nude, white gold, gold, platinum, black purple, deep brown, glitter black, black gold, cobalt blue.

The top row doesn't really add too much color but it really nice to highlight or brighten up the eyes or to brush over. The bottom row also isn't to pigmented and doesn't have the best color pay off but ate still really nice especially for smoky eyes or a lid color. They seem a little chalky when you get them but they stay on and out actually really pretty. It wasn't what I was expecting so that's why I wasn't blown away but I still like them and think that they are worth checking out. They are around 25$.

The second and last thing I got from sephora was another saphora brand eye shadow that was definitely more of what I was looking for. It was a single eye shadow that is a slightly shimmery brownish tope color. I really really like this it's kind of your classic eyeshadow and it's really good quality and any skin tone could wear this. I picked up two or these one for me and one for my mom. I got marie #14 and they were on sale for 5$ each. 

Side note if you go in to sephora and they ask you to sign up for there card do it! It's free and you get a free gift on your birthday. If your birthday had already passed then you get it when you sign up.  That's what I got. And it had a nice highlighter and Mascara. They were mini but it's still nice to have. 

Second stop! After sephora I went to a Estée Lauder counter in Macy's and I had two things in Mind I really wanted. These two things were a little on the pricy side and costed 40$ each but to me completely worth it.

First thing I got was pure color 01 heat wave highlighter part of Estée lauders bronze goddess collection. First thing I want to say is don't let the collection name turn you off. I am not very tan let alone a bronze goddess but it still looks really really amazing. This is another one if those I think any skin tone could wear it products. The actual product when you open let alone looks high quality and beautiful. (I really love the design it looks like sun rays) you really only need a little bit of this product to make your skin look alive and really healthy and glowy. And is really good for Contouring. It's a really gold type color but still has a silver tone that makes it cool skin tone friendly. Absolutely love it!

The second thing I got from Estée Lauder was pure color 01 tease blush part of there pretty naughty collection. The name of the the collection honestly draws me in just because. I went in to get this blush and no one even knew what I was talking about finally I found out that this is only available online in the states. So I ordered it online. I'd seen a couple reviews on this and I really really wanted it and I am so happy I got it. Though I have heard that its limited addition so I'd go grab one. 
The color is a pinky rose color that I think is classic and very flattering. It looks natural on the cheeks but you can tell it's there and it has a shimmer that is really good for a. glowing face especially in summer. It's really nice and I hope it sticks around or I might need to buy another because I can't imagine this not being part of my collection. 


At ulta I picked up a butter London polish for about 15$. I got the color knackered and it's a multi color mix of blue green and purple that is shimmery and has a slight glitter effect.  I love this color it is a building color but I think it's really nice over a black or white polish. I prefer it over black and it almost looks like a oil spill. Great staying power good quality really recommend this. 

Next I got a ulta brand quad pallet. It Doesn't have much info on the back but it dose say glamour girls eyeshadow.  I really like it because these are all supper wearable colors. Like if I had to pick one small pallet for the rest of my life to use it would be this. First or has a matte black which is great to have then if had a silver tope, a brown tope and a olive/ sandy tope. They are all amazing a little shimmer great for my cool skin tone. Stays on all say I don't have enough good things to say about this. 

That is all I got on the haul but I stopped in to Payless to look for my friends end on the year Banquet shoes a couple days ago and I thought I'd through this in . I almost never go in there but they had some cute stuff . Purses, Accessories, lipgloss and nail polish on top of tones of shoes. They had a two 5$ deal on a brand called S.X.Y   I'd never heard of I got two nail polishes. One is a bright red with gold shimmer called love and cherry.  I also got a slivery gold chrome that I love  on! Called luscious gold. 

So that's us completely it for my haul I hope you enjoyed reading. My links and pictures of the products will be below. I'll be posting a new blog every week between Thursday and Saturday. 
Love,

-splashofcayenne 


TWITTER: @splashofcayenne
INSTAGRAM: @splashofcayenne 
VINE: @splashofcayenne 
(See a trend? ;))  

Disclaimer: I'm not Affiliated with any of these product nor is this sponsored. 




(bottom row swatches) 











No comments:

Post a Comment